Here are some of my favorite 3-song blocks, formatted for HBJ.
I prefer to offer the Wall-Sit FIRST – and will typically use a different song, something without lyrics, because I teach the footwork series DURING the Wall sit.
These blocks are formatted with floor-work series in mind, ending with bench dips. The last song is a little more upbeat (faster) to accommodate the quicker paced bench dips – leaving the students on a “high” before leaving the room.
My choreography sequence is the following, and demonstrated on a wIN video.
- Runners’ Lunge
- Hamstring Stretch
- (repeat sequence on other side, without plank)
- Bench Dips
Each block has a little theme. “Sexy Time”* may not be appropriate for all markets.
- Fly Away, 3:41; Lenny Kravitz
- Crazy (Acoustic), 4:02; Seal
- The Truth, 5:37; Handsome Boy Modeling School
- On and On, 3:46; Erykah Badu
- Strength, Courage and Wisdom, 4:58; India Arie
- Bloom, 3:30; The Paper Kites