Since 2008, each quarter, I take an 11-day “time out” to shed the little “dirty” pounds that have crept up. I give my body an internal cleanse. So many people have asked me about it, that I thought I should share the information with you. Because, when a first-timer joins me in one of these cleanses, on average, people drop seven-ten pounds. Cleansing is not only about losing weight though. Since I don’t necessarily want to lose that much weight, I add in some extra clean calories, I find that the components of the system help me cleanse while also infusing my body with mineral nutrients, which gives me a lot more energy.
The products are Isagenix®.
The Isagenix Cleanse helps remove impurities from the body using meal replacement shakes with high quality nutrients. Of course, I still exercise, and along with a smartly portioned, healthy menu, I’ve learned that cleansing is the missing link that helps me release that sticky “dirty sludge”. Many of my friends have lost weight and inches.
During the 11-day cleanse, I have a total of 4 days when I drink the Cleanse for Life without eating meals. Cleanse for Life is an aloe-based mineral drink which contains cleansing herbs and root extracts as well as all the essential nutrients the body needs while cleansing the major filter organs (liver, colon and kidneys). It helps in three specific ways.
1. Feeds the body essential nutrients it needs while the cleansing, with a proprietary blend of 70 trace minerals which are essential to helping your body absorb other essential nutrients. It also contains specific preparations for cleansing the blood and lymphatic systems.
2. The trace minerals cleanse at the cellular level. They latch on to the harmful substances in your cells such as chlorine and carbon monoxide and pull them out. Then the water you ingest can flush them out of your body. Now the cells are rejuvenated because they are not encumbered by waste.
3. Contains enzymes, our body’s nutrient transport system, which breaks nutrients down into usable units. The enzymes deliver the nutrients from the digestive system to the cells, organs and blood.
I’ve learned I’m an emotional eater – so I typically crunch on celery and cucumbers on my Cleanse days. I prefer the Cleanse as hot tea. When not officially cleansing, I have a cup of Cleanse tea each night before bed.
During the 11-day cleanse, there are a total of 7 days which are called Shake Days. On a Shake Day, I drink 2 IsaLean Shakes, and also eat a healthy 500-600 calorie meal of my choice. The Shake has a high nutritional density, but it’s low in calories (approx 250 – this depends on the flavor or if it’s the vegan/ dairy free option). I drink the 2 Shakes anytime I want, and eat the meal at whatever time is suitable for my life on that given day.
1. Pure whey protein, processed at a low temperature to preserve the nutritional value (un-denatured), from Australian and New Zealand cows, that have not been injected with hormones and steroids and are fed on grass that has not been treated with chemical fertilizers.
2. Contains all 18 amino acids which the body can’t produce on its own and are the building blocks for every cell in our body. These amino acids protect the lean body tissue and mass, which is what all our organs are made of. Each shake contains 24 grams of protein.
3. Contains trace minerals which are co-factors that help the body absorb and use other nutrients, and a wide mix of vitamins which the body needs on a daily basis.
4. A live enzyme delivery system which is activated when mixed with water to deliver the proteins, amino acids, minerals and vitamins to our cells, organs and blood.
5. Flavors: Vanilla, (or vegan Vanilla), Chocolate (or vegan Chocolate), Strawberry, (or vegan Mixed Berry).
The Doctors and Nutritionists on the Isagenix Scientific Advisory Board all agree that you get more nutrition from the the IsaLean Shake then you would from all the food normally consumed in one day, even if you are eating a well balanced organic diet. This is in-part due to the mineral rich nutrients in the Isagenix products.
The shakes can be blended with mint or cinnamon or ginger… I have a slew of recipes! My FAVORITE is to pack in a bunch of spinach – and essentially drink 2 big salads! I travel with my shakes – and also drink them every day for breakfast – even when I’m not cleansing. (The photo is a chocolate, spinach mint shake. It’s my go-to recipe). The shake is a meal replacement. Imagine a life where you don’t need to think about what you could … or should be eating all day long! Shakes are delivered to my door, and after adding my fruit or veggies to the blender, I whip up a super-healthy meal for $3.50. The best part of this whole story? I’ve been drinking shakes religiously for 3 years (typically twice each day). I have not been sick once (including a cold) and my blood work shows me to be super healthy. I’ve found my solution (happy dance).
*IF* YOU’D LIKE TO MAKE SOME MONEY: I did my first cleanse in autumn, 2008. I believed in the product line because I was referred by someone whom I trusted. This advisor suggested that I register as a consultant, to make a little extra cash. I was not interested in “another job” – but I took her advice. It initially cost the same, but required that I stock up with enough product for myself each month. This encouraged me to start trying out some of the different products like snack bars etc.
Of course, each and every time I cleanse, my clients, friends and other fitness pros want to know more about what I’m doing – so I help get them onto the cleanse at the same time as me (strength in numbers!)
If you want to get your clients involved, this is a very easy way to make a little extra money. After two months of being involved with Isagenix, my commissions began to pay for my monthly auto-ship – and now I have enough product in the house to make it part of my regular nutrition. It’s healthy, I have lots of energy, and feel good about it. Think about it – it’s just a smart plan.
I honestly believe in becoming a consultant if you are someone who influences people’s lives by way of health and wellness – but it’s not necessary! Try the cleanse – see the tremendous success you have and then make the decision for yourself. You can cancel anytime and there are no hidden fees.