From the air, the clouds break, and you catch the first glimpse of land. Ahhh…home soon. Or new adventure begins. Or a big meeting looms closer. Sh*t’s getting real when you see land. Sh*t’s also getting real when clarity strikes.
Clarity is seeing the writing on the wall…finally seeing the writing on the wall. For awhile, you were too far away, so you couldn’t make out the words. Maybe you guessed or attempted to orchestrate the desired outcome, only to (re)discover that uninformed action leads to back-peddling and frustration. Hopefully, you used your willPower to trust that the answers would arrive in perfect timing.
The Universe speaks to us in ways we will understand. Before clarity arrives, there are little hints prodding us along. Nudging us this way, not that. Then, when clarity hits, we see the full picture — the beauty of the panoramic view…or the shock of the panoramic view! Realize we were never meant to suffer. We suffer when we resist or try to alter what clarity is revealing to us.
Tell me why…when I scream, there’s no reply….when I reach out, there’s nothing to find…when I sleep, I break down and cry…” ~ Roxette (remix featured in BodyPump 80)
During trust, it felt like we were stuck in a holding pattern. In a flash, the red lights all turn green and we can cruise toward our destination. Or, we realize that the oasis we thought we were in is actually a large sink hole. Get out fast! Clarity brings realization, information, and understanding.
Clarity is an aha moment. Clarity is defined as freedom from indistinctness or ambiguity. In other words, we now know what we’re dealing with. Or we feel clear on action…which step(s) to take next. Recent clues piece together like a puzzle and we start to see how they fit…and what they form…so we may fit and form.
Clarity is one of the Four C’s used to calculate the quality and value of a diamond. Cut, color, carat, and…clarity. Clarity in diamond terms is the presence (or absence) of tiny imperfections called inclusions within the stone or on the surface of a stone. Higher clarity is rarer in nature. Diamonds come out of the ground with imperfections. Many inclusions, however, are not visible to the naked eye. So, we need magnification to detect them…in diamonds…and in ourselves:
1. Take out time to rest, relax…and play (especially while on business trip!)
Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
2. Step back to look at the big picture. We lose clarity when we overemphasize one event or area of our lives. Step back to see the entire picture of your life and the proper value or attention for this particular unfolding.
3. Meditate. Notice how your vision sharpens after meditation. Clarity of thought brings clarity of vision.
4. Move the body…regularly…repeatedly…in life-enhancing ways. Stretch, dance, lunge side to side. Your body was meant to move. Become a good mover. Today.
5. Listen to music. Find clues directed to you from within the lyrics…
…everyday above ground is a great day, remember that.” ~Pitbull
6. Try inversion. When the head is below the heart, gravity provides the brain with more oxygen and blood thus increasing mental function, and improving concentration, memory, and…clarity.
7. Pause and exhale. Clarity can be overwhelming. Take time to adjust to your new surroundings, time zone, language, or other form of reality.
8. Fill your lungs (your being) with gratitude. Gratitude for clarity…even if it’s not what you wished for or expected. There is value in knowing, in knowing what to do next…in breaking the spell of denial…feel that.
Denial, the act of not being aware of inner feelings and fears and motivations, is the opposite of mindfulness.” ~Brian Weiss
9. Be compassionate with yourself and others involved in your clarity. In this world, we are tempted to classify events as ones we have “won” or “lost”. That is the game of the ego. Rise above the ego’s enticement and take a neutral view. Through neutrality, we “win” peace in our predicament.
10. Evoke the lessons. We are never being punished by why happens to us, but there are always things to take with us. Opportunities to integrate intuition with experience. In our lifetime, we often set out to evolve along certain dimensions…things like self-worth, faith, forgiveness, non-violence. Recognize that the clarity you experience this week is part of that evolving. What we don’t learn this week, we will repeat.
Why, if it was an illusion, not praise the catastrophe, whatever it was, that destroyed illusion and put truth in it’s place?” ~ Virginia Woolf
Do you want to explore CLARITY further? Click here for quotes, mantras and our willPower dedicated weekly exercise!