Writing on the wall. Normally and originally, “writing on the wall” carries a negative context because we contemplate it from our present position. Yikes, my husband is cheating on me! Yikes, I have disease X! Yikes, I detest my job! In the future sense, though, CLARITY is extremely positive because it guides us forward out of chaos and destruction. With CLARITY, we recognize that we ignored the subtle indicators, and played a participatory role in making the signs and symptoms more pronounced. The ignored headache became a migraine, the undesirable work situation became completely intolerable, controlling behavior turned into abuse, a modest imbalance deteriorated into a full-blown illness…this is CLARITY.
CLARITY makes it more and more uncomfortable not to take a course of action. CLARITY helps us get back on track with our PURPOSE, so, with a willPower mindset, we welcome CLARITY as the harbinger it represents.
When you’re lacking CLARITY on a situation, a relationship, or a decision, life can be downright frustrating. You feel like life has left you in-hiatus and somehow stuck. So, this week’s Seven Steps are designed to help you get “unstuck” and bring the willPower-ful virtue of CLARITY into your life.
1. DISTANCE. Step back, look at the big picture. Working out can be a great way to create the distance you need from…and/or, the shower…so many aha moments occur here! Of course, true distance in the form of travel and the 40,000 foot view from the sky above will heighten your CLARITY in ways difficult to experience otherwise.
2. REST. NOURISH. It’s hard to be “clear” when sleep-deprived or hungry. Take internal cues of fatigue and irritability as divine guidance that you need to rest or eat!
3. MEDITATE. Create stillness within so you can experience CLARITY and find the answers you are seeking.
4. PAUSE. Pausing is an effective way to create a little distance. The first thing out of your mouth is not often the best! Sleep on it. Perhaps, draft the email and journal about what you’d like to say…or, go ahead and scream it into your pillow, but don’t hit “send” until the morning. Give yourself…your higher self some time to catch up, reflect, and review.
5. RESPOND. Understand the difference between responding vs. reacting. A parallel analogy is having a career vs. having a job. One is well-thought out, strategic, and projected; the other is present tense with little care for the future.
6. DEPERSONALIZE. If you feel like you are the target or victim of someone else’s bad behavior, take yourself out of it energetically. When others are nasty, it, in fact, has nothing to do with you. There is no excuse or reason for nastiness. The strong are silent…but, they also…
7. DON’T TAKE ANY SH#T. Amen. With CLARITY, we choose the higher response without sacrificing ourselves in the process.