With confidence, we shine…reflect…illuminate a lifeline to another who sees danger where we see adventure; possibility in the so-called impossible. Confidence energizes…expands… encourages, and unites. Confidence comes from a place of peace within yourself.
Confidence is the purity of action produced by a mind free of doubt.” ~Katty Kay & Claire Shipman, The Confidence Code
With confidence, we don’t embellish who we are…because we’re not trying to be better than others; we’re trying to be authentic and true to ourselves. Being authentic requires following our heart into the wilderness…the wilderness where our deepest fears of loss and failure lie. Confidence reminds us there is too much to be gained in the going-for and putting-ourselves-out-there to fixate on the what-if‘s of losing. The real “winning” is in our opportunity to grow and release old patterns of thoughts, beliefs, and behavior that no longer (or never did…) serve us.
People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them.” ~Paulo Coelho
With confidence, we lose the mask of insecurity and self-hatred…because confidence never flaunts, brags, shames, or separates. A better-than-thou cockiness is not only a disservice to others, it encourages your ego to chant, “you will never be enough”. External validation cannot quell the ego; the only thing that can is you…and your confidence.
Grandiosity is always a cover for despair.” ~A Course In Miracles
So, with authenticity and humility, we cultivate our confidence…and set about our mission…to shine…no matter what.
1. Confidence doesn’t believe in luck; confidence understands attraction. Confidence takes credit for all manifestations of that attraction…the good, the bad, and the…instructive.
2. Confidence doesn’t apologize for mistakes. Confidence keeps going and understands these slip-ups are part of the experience. Confidence sees that we learn more quickly from error than success.
3. Confidence doesn’t hoard the spotlight. Confidence shifts it by becoming the spotlight…the illumination itself. Confidence shines out with the question, how can I be of service to the world?
4. Confidence doesn’t dwell on defeats. Confidence understands that reliving the past in your mind guarantees a sequel in real life. Form follows thought, so choose your thoughts carefully. Be mindful of your internal dialogue.
5. Confidence is communicated through posture, body language, and clarity of voice. Confidence sees your body for the miracle it is and shines from that place of self-love and compassion.
6. Confidence goes one level deeper when the temptation to out-shine surfaces. “Why is it important that I feel superior here?” it prods. “What is the real issue or fear?”
7. Confidence dresses for the occasion. Confidence is evident when you feel good in your skin. Suit up to shine and express yourself, not to mask. Go for the glitter even if it means paying extra. You deserve it. Start walking the walk and become the vibrational match to that which you know in your heart you can…and deserve…to be.
8. Confidence is constantly eliminating shallow ego desires and lovingly replacing them with authentic heart-centered ones. “Why am I engaging in this and interested in the going for?” Confidence seeks to understand inner motives to prevent slippage and to nip in the bud anything that isn’t soul-serving.
9. Confidence asks, “what would I do if no one was watching?” How would I act…dress…dance? Confidence finds the safe space…relationship…career to do this.
10. Confidence requires clean energy. Clear your chakras before meditation and correct imbalances in your nutrition. Explore music…a personal play list…a “pump-up” song to ignite your confidence.
We are born with only one obligation — to be completely who we are.” ~Mark Nepo
Do you want to explore CONFIDENCE further? Click here for quotes, mantras and our willPower dedicated weekly exercise!