EMOTION indicates where you are at this moment. What you are attracting, creating, and manifesting. If you don’t like what’s placed, standing, or positioned in front of you, let the head-to-heart work begin.
Emotions instruct us toward what needs to change. Ignoring emotion is only a temporary tactic. Eventually, our bodies will act out. And, when our bodies act out, we spiral into places we do not belong…places like resentment, anxiety, stress, and dis-ease. Better to allow the messages to come through so we can realign and heal ourselves.
Whatever you have created, you have the ability to recreate, transform, or move from. That’s the beauty and gift of emotion in the contrast it creates. The willPower-ful thing is to let your emotion serve you, not cripple you. Here’s how:
1. Acknowledge where you are vs. where you want to be. Get clear on how you want feel…in congruence or in contrast to the emotion you are experiencing.
2. Set your objective to feel better. If the vision of what you want (or think you want…) gives you anxiety, you need to go smaller…until the going-for feels better. Note: it MUST feel better to be effective.
3. Keep the wound exposed. Resist the temptation to Band-Aid a bad feeling with external substances like recreational drugs, vodka, a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, or your favorite flavor of denial. Sit in it. Feel it. Grieve it for a little while. Take the time to reflect and be honest with yourself about how you truly feel. Then…
4. Shift. Deliberately shift with a better-feeling thought. Now, don’t expect to go from anger to bliss in a single thought, but do make a micro-shift and build from there. Start with gratitude and keep reaching incrementally higher.
5. Stir things up. Literally, figuratively, symbolically…create movement. Your body was not meant to be sedentary…and neither was your mind. Ruminating on the past or what-currently-is wastes your time and energetic resources. Stir up the chakras through healthy movement like dance, brisk walks, yoga, tai chi, or…your favorite class from The willPower Method!
6. Open yourself up to inspiration. Visualize, meditate, journal, rest. Create a board on Pinterest. Start collecting positive affirmations and images that speak to you and pull at your heartstrings. Here are two of mine: Words to live by and Vision board.
7. Move forward. Walk as-if you’ve manifested your intentions. Keep aligning yourself with your vision. Treat your emotions as divine indicators of alignment. This is how you attract the solution…the perfect solution. Read more on EMOTION from The willPower Method blog here.