As focus meets desire, it becomes a done deal…you don’t believe me? Try it. I mean, don’t try, do. Action and belief are essential ingredients of focus.
Focus brings your desires to you in the fastest and best possible ways. Doors start opening and people…events…circumstances all seem to lend a helping hand to your personal cause. Conspiracy theory at its finest.
When you live moment to moment, you are in a constant state of reactivity to whatever life is throwing at you. When you have goals…or I prefer to call them desires with focus, there is a plan in place. From this strong stance, your greatness is activated.
We need to develop our focus to see two things at once. What is on our proverbial plate today and that dream, goal, desire that drives us uniquely. Our focus helps us decide what is best to do with the current dish of today, and cloaks us in our willPower to navigate around the daily temptations to react…to succomb…and to settle for less. Shortchanging our longer term goals for immediate gratification is a dispirited disservice to ourselves. So, wrap yourself up in your willPower as you head for the door…and focus.
- Focus on your breath. Let it symbolize your desire to live. The connection to your presence. Notice your breath at various points throughout the day. Find the power in your breath to soothe you and to keep your focus firmly rooted.
- Focus on the feeling. Let your internal compass help guide your micro-decisions throughout the day. Start that book when your mind craves it. Turn to that big project at the optimal time of your day…despite whatever is coming through your inbox. In your workouts, ask yourself where should I be feeling this? Heighten the mind-muscle connection in all you do. By the way, willPower is a type of muscle…
- Focus on whatever it is you are doing. Perfect the art of single-tasking. Turn off the disrupters and control your notifications. How “available” you are is an element of control and time allocation, wrapped up in self-worth. How much is your personal time worth? Are you compensating yourself sufficiently? If you are plagued with digestive issues, this is an important step for you.
- Focus on positive expansion. What we focus on expands – in both good and bad ways. Notice where your mind is drifting throughout the day and the expectations you have going into things. Do you expect the airport to be a nightmare? And then, is it? Yes, exactly. I love airports. Just saying…
- Focus on the newsfeed that matters. How would your decisions change if you weren’t trying to please anyone but yourself? If the only “approval” or “like” that truly mattered came from within? If you commonly feel tightness in your throat, this is an important step for you.
- Focus on stillness. The gap. The pause. Carve out some silence in your day first thing in the morning…even if you have to set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier. When we strengthen our intuition, we sharpen our focus, which allows us to bring our desires into play faster.
- Focus on beauty. Around you, in you, of you. Go beyond merely noticing beauty. Take as much time as you need to soak it in and to feel it within yourself. Then, move and communicate from that place of beauty.
- Focus on gratitude. Move from a scarcity mindset (“I don’t have enough…”) to an abundance mindset (“I am so blessed for…”) and watch how things shift and flourish.
- Focus on love. Self-love. Love emanating from and toward you. The absence of love is fear…and that’s all it is. So, when you feel less than loving, ask yourself, “What am I afraid of?” It may not be immediately obvious, but let the answers surface. Then, see if you can let go of that fear and trust yourself…to love again.
- Focus on the present moment as a puzzle piece to the finish. Even though we have a goal or vision that we are working toward, we understand that the future is manifested by our micro-steps and micro-decisions today.
The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” ~ Brian Tracy