A searchlight is defined as “a very bright light that can be aimed in different directions and that is used to find people or things in the dark.” Searchlights were introduced to the military in World War I to create “artificial moonlight”. When we SEARCH with willPower, we shine our own artificial moonlight more deliberately to locate the people, places, and spaces we need to stay on our intended path.
Some people scan the news in SEARCH of cruelty, calamity, and chaos. Others SEARCH for sunsets, cute puppies, Chardonnay and dreams. All are successful in their searches. All are living on the same physical plane…perhaps even in the same zip code or household, but their worlds are light-years apart…at least from the vantage point of what they’re seeing and feeling…and what they are inherently SEARCHing for.
What we seek is some kind of compensation for what we put up with.” ~Haruki Murakami
We’re always sending out a SEARCH signal for the things in our attention span. Whether we’re aware of them or not. Whether they’re good for us or not. So, when the person, place, or event shows up, accept this as if you searched for it…because somewhere in your subconscious, you did. To change your SEARCH output then, you need to become more mindful of your SEARCH input:
- Use SEARCH parameters that are clear and well-defined.
- Anticipate your needs so your SEARCH is not conducted in a frantic, desperate state.
- SEARCH for what you want to find with an equal emphasis on how you want to feel.
- SEARCH for the truth, your truth, and an understanding of the truth.
- SEARCH with curiosity and the intention to learn and grow.
- SEARCH with an open mind…and an open heart.
- SEARCH the edges for new insights and uncharted territory.
- SEARCH with gratitude and trust.
- SEARCH for the path of least resistance.
- SEARCH for ways to be of service.
Light dispels darkness. That’s what makes it so powerful. Combined with the power of your will (i.e. your willPower), you can shine light on whatever it is you are searching for. Read more on SEARCH here.