Life is not happening to you, it’s happening for you.” ~ Tony Robbins
When life throws you a curve ball, it’s hard to believe the above statement, but…it’s essential to. As our thoughts self-destruct, our bodies follow suit. Ruminating about why something is happening is willPower-less. You stay stuck at the level of the problem, rather than rising to the level of the solution. So, we activate TRUST to guide us to higher willPower-ful functioning.
Our bodies seek balance. When something is off, they react to restore. We may feel it as a physical symptom such as a craving or as an emotional symptom such as fatigue. Subtle symptoms ignored or untreated build up into larger symptoms and disruptive ailments. This is why it is essential to move from LISTENing to TRUST as a pathway to restore the BALANCE* within ourselves and in harmony with our worlds.
*Note: our WoW next week is BALANCE by no coincidence!
But, pragmatically, what do you do when life throws you a curve ball? For a literal curve ball, we would duck, pick ourselves up, consult with our coach, reset our thoughts, vision, and stance, and TRUST that we can get a hit even in the presence of fear, doubt, and uncertainty. A symbolic curve ball is not much different, is it?
Over the last few weeks, you’ve SEARCHed for information, answers, solutions; been INSPIREd to change, move forward, take a course of action; LISTENed to your guru, inner voice, heart; and now you must TRUST. Even if by all outward appearances you appear to be idle this week, make no mistake — TRUST, like any other WoW, elicits both your active and passive sides.
Seven Steps to TRUST
1. Shield yourself from opposing or negative influences. Create a bubble of sorts for your TRUST energy until healing or resolution occurs.
2. TRUST your goosebumps and chills as divine signals affirming a truth.
3. TRUST those things that positively serve your future self and do not just provide instant gratification or temporary relief at some future cost. Invest wisely for future growth.
4. Act as someone you would TRUST. Attract your tribe of light workers accordingly.
5. Wait in TRUST-filled expectation. See yourself “there”, peaceful, happy, (insert your buzzword or vision here).
6. In moments that you lack TRUST, distract yourself with healthful nurturing activities.
7. Strengthen your TRUST muscle in your static wilPower poses like pelican (Exercise of the week), plank, hip hinge, and tree. Deepen the pose or lengthen your endurance with a smooth breath and inherent TRUST.
TRUST in yourself. TRUST in your innate strength, wisdom, and resilience. Your life depends upon it. Dare to…TRUST again.
Life will give you whatever experience is the most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” ~Eckhart Tolle