When we say, “I see”, it implies more than a sensory act; it implies we understand. With our VISION, we can interpret the outer world through our inner eyes. The Third Eye of intuition connects us to our spiritual knowing and clairvoyant instinct. As the Chakra (energy center) closely associated with our Word of the Week, the Third Eye takes our willPower into the realm of visionary. Take this week’s Seven Steps to enhance your willPower through exemplary VISION:
1. Close your eyes and see yourself living life with a full supply of willPower.
What does that look like on you? What are you doing? How do you feel?
2. How has the VISION of yourself changed over the course of your life?
Not so much physical appearance, but the VISION you held for yourself – the aspirations, dreams, goals, and your “when I grow up” future intentions…
3) Who has driven or influenced your VISION of yourself?
As many kids get ready to head back to school, use the time to contemplate your teachers past and present, and their influence on how you see (saw) yourself.
4) Now, contemplate how you can shape the VISION of an organization, class, or movement you belong to…
willPower instructor’s bonus: how does your VISION of The willPower Method shape the atmosphere in your classes?
5) Reach out and help those you have influence over…
Think beyond direct reports to family members, clients, friends, and neighbors. How can you enhance their own VISION of themselves?
6) Have you ever used a tool to improve your VISION?
Beyond the obvious of glasses, binoculars, magnifying glass, or telescope, how about a vision board, pre-game visualization, a mental play-by-play, or guided meditation? How did any of these techniques help you stay the course?
7) Is there someplace in your life right now that would be assisted by a clearer VISION?
The moment you’ve created that vision, you’re on your way, but it’s the diligence with which you stick to that vision that allows you to get there.” ~Pete Carroll