The word, RENEW, means to start again. In everyday life, we encounter the word RENEW when we renew our driver’s license, our passport, and our fitness club membership. When RENEW goes a level deeper, though, there is an energy to it… a sense of enthusiasm, more force, more power…and, certainly, more willPower.
As we dedicate this week to RENEW, take these seven steps to RENEW your willPower:
1. RENEW a positive activity or practice that you’ve halted or let fall out of intended frequency (e.g. meditation, fitness, time for you, skin care, foot massage)
2. RENEW a relationship that is aligned with your 2017 intentions. Note: this could be a personal relationship, professional…or a few of each…the key is to be deliberate about it.
3. RENEW a personal mantra with heightened focus, strength, and repetition. What do you want…I mean, what do you really want?! Note: this does not need to align with last year’s intentions.
4. RENEW something that has gone stale in your pantry…or in your life. Whether that’s a loaf of bread, a whole section of your wardrobe, or…a whole section of your life, this is your week to clear it out and bring in the new beautiful you!
5. RENEW an area of your life where you feel you’re in a “rut”. Many of us are creatures of habit, so we get into various “ruts”. We eat the same ol’, do the same ol’, and become robotic as we go through life.
Life was never meant to be a practice of ‘going through the motions’.
6. RENEW your commitment to change…as in, what would you like to change this year? Here’s your opportunity to do something different and be something different.
7. RENEW your perspective on this word. For many of us, RENEW carries a negative connotation because we’re correcting a behavior and feeling bad about where things have gone. But, this overlooks the gift of renewal, which is an opportunity to…start again. So, let’s all just start again and…RENEW!