Your mission in life is to love and learn. In order to fulfill that mission, you must EXPLORE.
ex·plore ikˈsplôr/ (v) to travel in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it.
This week, your task is to have fun with “it”. What do you wish to learn about or familiarize yourself with? A faraway land or a near-at-hand matter? Close your eyes, put your hands on your heart, and ask yourself…
Where is it that I want to go?
And, let “go” be as figurative as you like. Now, jot down your answer(s)…did anything surprise or jump out at you?
Whether you travel by plane, foot, or a turn of the page, there is a facet of exploration that is common to all. Exploration requires a mental switch, a willingness, and an opening of the mind. When we free ourselves from the shackles of our past experiences, theories, and the “because I’ve always done it this way” reason, we stand ready to uncover a new perspective, a new insight, a new view, a new taste, and perhaps a new part to ourselves.
We EXPLORE to expand. We expand to evolve. And, we evolve to enlighten ourselves and our world. With our willPower, we “when in Rome” our experience.
To practice this week’s word, I recommend one a day:
1. EXPLORE a new class format, new choreography, new music. Breathe life into your routine. Speaking of breath…
2. EXPLORE your breath. Notice your breath throughout the day, your breath when you workout, your breath when you’re talking to different people, your breath when you experience different emotions. How does it change? Then, how does your awareness of your breath change you?
3. EXPLORE tweaks in your diet. Halloween was a week ago, but is it still “going on” in your diet? Or, maybe you feel stuck in a food rut? Switch things up a bit. Get seasonal with your fruits and veggies. Maybe switch out your smoothie for a soup…a protein soup!
4. EXPLORE the outdoors. With the change of seasons, the full moon this week, Election Day, you have plenty of opportunities!
5. EXPLORE through yoga, meditation and journaling (the usual suspects) — or coloring, jogging, reading, cooking…things that slow you down, take you out of your “work head”, and heal heal the disconnect between your mind and body.
6. EXPLORE self-care…when was the last time you got a facial, took a candle-lit bubble bath, or had adult conversation?
7. EXPLORE your feet! So often neglected, our feet are the basis of our ability to EXPLORE the world. Soak them, scrub them, pamper and/or polish them.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we would have roots instead of feet. ~Unknown