You know it when you see it. You know it when you feel it. You know it when you hear it. Maybe you even know it when you smell or taste it…”it” is PASSION. A full sensory experience that emanates from the heart. Your heart.
PASSION turns your work into your dharma, a moment into a treasured memory, and your body into sensory overdrive. PASSION makes your eyes shine, your heart flutter, and your blood pump. PASSION connects you mind-body-soul to this moment…like there is no other. If we could bottle it up, we would. It is that good. But, we can’t, so we evoke it through our practice…our willPower practice.
1. List out your Top 5 PASSION moments. Then, take a few minutes on each one to recall and relive. Think all five senses. Capture in your mind as many details as you can from your memory to re-experience PASSION.
2. Heighten your sensory awareness in your daily activities. Whether you’re eating a meal, brushing your hair, or folding laundry, see-hear-smell-touch-taste everything (well, where appropriate!) Be fully present with the activity since that’s how you would be in a moment of PASSION.
3. Surround yourself with PASSION. Think entertainment (novels, movies, TV, live performances, dance, real life…), music (in your car, headphones, singing…where appropriate!), people, activities (your favorites or ones you can witness passion in another), food (that you associate with passion or as a cultural genre (e.g. oysters or Italian), wildlife (e.g. a bird singing passionately)
4. Use your imagination. Create a PASSION script, screenplay, or scenario on paper or in your head.
5. Move with PASSION. In your workouts, bring PASSION into as many moves as you can. If you were passionate about push-ups, what would that look…feel like? Instructors, are there arm movements or musical selections you can incorporate to help your members or clients connect with PASSION?
Want to explore PASSION more? Click here.